Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wait On The Lord

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. Psalm 130:5

It may seem to be an easy thing to wait, but it is one of the postures that a Christian soldier does not learn without years of molding and discipline. Marching is much easier for God’s warriors than standing still. So often, instead of standing firm on God’s Word, we retreat in fear, turning to the right in rebellion or rushing forward in presumption. God’s end-time army must have the ability and tenacity to wait in prayer, to stand firm on His promises and hope in His deliverance!

Jesus told His disciples to wait in Jerusalem for the Promise of the Father. When Jehoshaphat, the King of Judah, was surrounded by enemies all around, the Lord told him to wait for His deliverance, “For the battle is not yours, but God’s” (2 Chr. 20:15). Sometimes, the highest demonstration of our faith is to wait on the Lord and to stand firm on what He has promised. Ephesians 6:13 says, “Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”

Jesus had to wait upon the Father and entrust His entire life to Him as He hung there on the cross. With His hands outstretched and His legs nailed to the cross, He held on firmly to the Father’s promise of His resurrection from the dead. He gloriously proclaimed on the cross,”It is finished!” … knowing very well that the salvation work would not be complete without His resurrection from the dead. On that fi rst Easter Sunday morning, He rose from the dead and the power of death was broken! Hallelujah!

Hold on to your unwavering confidence in God. Believe that if He keeps you tarrying even until midnight, He will come at the right time. “Though the vision tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry” (Hab. 2:3). Wait in quiet patience, and don’t complain when you are under affl iction. Instead, adopt the right attitude by blessing the Lord at all times. Never murmur as the children of Israel did against Moses. Never wish you could go back to the world again, but accept the situation and commit yourself into the hands of a faithful God. Say, “Lord, not my will but Yours be done. I do not know what to do. I will wait, even if You keep me waiting for many days, because my heart is fixed on You alone, O God. My spirit waits for You in the full consolation that You will be my joy and my salvation, my refuge and my strong tower.”

No comments:

FRIENDS